[NOTE: THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED WITH THE LATEST HAPPENINGS]
A new widespread ransomware attack is spreading like wildfire around Europe and has already affected over 200 major organisations, primarily in Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Germany, in the past few hours.
In an interesting turn of events, the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) will make an attempt to predict crime before it happens so it can be prevented. By March 18, Kerala, Odisha, Maharashtra, Haryana and Tripura will have access to predictive policing technologies a la those sci-fi shows we watch on crime.
Hyderabad-based Advanced Data Research Institute (ADRIN) is apparently developing software that uses crime data analysis which will enable the cops to foresee crime patterns and conduct hotspot analysis.
Send money home to your family, split a dinner bill with friends, or pay
the neighbourhood chaiwala. Make all payments big or small, directly from
your bank account with Tez, Google’s new digital payment app for
The government of India has made it mandatory to link SIM card with Aadhar card before February 2018 to avoid deactivation of the phone numbers. The order was passed by the Supreme Court after hearing the Lok Niti Foundation case regarding linking of Aadhaar card and SIM cards.
How to link SIM card with Aadhar card? Here are few easy steps to do it:
1. When you’re linking your SIM card with Aadhaar card for the first time, you will have to do it offline.
2. Visit the nearest Aadhaar centre to get the Aadhar Update/Correction Form or download it from the UIDAI website.
3. Provide a photocopy of an Identity proof document such as PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID card. After submitting the update form along with the photocopy of your Aadhaar card you also need to provide a photocopy of an Identity proof document such as PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID card.
4. After this, your biometrics will be verified at the enrollment centre and your thumb impression will also be verified.
5. It will take 2 to 5 working days for the update to happen but as per the UIDAI helpline, the turnaround time for the update is 10 days.
Mobile app mAadhaar helps holders of Aadhaar number to carry a soft copy of the biometrics-based identity card and other demographic details in their smartphones. In other words, it is a “convenient way to carry Aadhaar number with demographic details anytime, anywhere”, according to UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India. mAadhaar is an official mobile application developed by UIDAI. The mAadhaar app can be downloaded from Google Play Store. In case of those having any issue or query about mAadhaar can write to email@example.com, UIDAI said.
10 Things To Know About mAadhaar
1) The mAadhaar app asks for password as soon as it is opened. User should enter a password of length 8-12 characters. The password should contain at least 1 number, 1 alphabet, 1 special character and 1 alphabet in capital letters: Sharma@123, for example.
2) An Aadhaar profile can be downloaded only on mobile devices having the mobile number linked with your Aadhaar. A user can create a new profile by entering the Aadhaar number manually or by scanning the QR code on the Aadhaar card.
3) In case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar, visit the nearest enrollment centre/mobile update end point, according to UIDAI.
4) There is no provision to manually enter the OTP in mAadhaar. This is a security feature.
5) Users are advised not to navigate from the mAadhaar app while it is waiting for an SMS. mAadhaar automatically reads the OTP (one-time password) once it is received.
6) The mAadhaar app enables users to carry details of more than one Aadhaar card in the digital form. If any other member of your family has the same mobile number registered as yours with Aadhaar, you can also add his or her profile using the mAadhaar app. The app allows a user to add a maximum three profiles in digital form on a particular device.
7) Once a user enables the Biometric Locking system, his or her biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar holder chooses to either unlock it (which is temporary) or disable the locking system.
8) One Aadhaar profile can be active on only one device at a time. If you create a profile on another device by inserting the SIM in another device, the previous profile would become inactive and would be deleted from the older device whenever any operation is attempted within the mAadhaar app from that device.
9) Sharing of QR code and eKYC data: A user of mAadhaar can share demographics-related information with service providers using the QR code, instead of manual entry.
10) mAadhaar comes with TOTP or Time-based One-Time Password generation feature. Users can use this automatically generated temporary password instead of SMS-based OTP.
mAadhaar app can be downloaded from Google Play Store:
The notorious hacking group, OurMine, is known for breaching into high-profile figures and companies' social media accounts, including Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Google CEO Sundar Pichai, HBO, Game of Thrones and Sony's PlayStation Network (PSN).
Operating System: KAI OS
SIM Slot: Single SIM
SIM Size: Nano Sim (4FF type)
Box Contents: Handset, Removable Battery, Charger Adaptor,
Quick Service Guide, Warranty card, SIM CARD