| Websites | Softwares | Applications | Technology | Telecom | Television | DTH | Cricket | Money Earning | Social Media | Social Awareness | Infotainment | etc., |
10 September, 2017
SIM card not linked to Aadhar card? Your phone number to be deactivated after February 2018
The government of India has made it mandatory to link SIM card with Aadhar card before February 2018 to avoid deactivation of the phone numbers. The order was passed by the Supreme Court after hearing the Lok Niti Foundation case regarding linking of Aadhaar card and SIM cards.
How to link SIM card with Aadhar card? Here are few easy steps to do it:
1. When you’re linking your SIM card with Aadhaar card for the first time, you will have to do it offline.
2. Visit the nearest Aadhaar centre to get the Aadhar Update/Correction Form or download it from the UIDAI website.
3. Provide a photocopy of an Identity proof document such as PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID card. After submitting the update form along with the photocopy of your Aadhaar card you also need to provide a photocopy of an Identity proof document such as PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID card.
4. After this, your biometrics will be verified at the enrollment centre and your thumb impression will also be verified.
5. It will take 2 to 5 working days for the update to happen but as per the UIDAI helpline, the turnaround time for the update is 10 days.